One of my all time favourite meals is: SOUP!
I love soup. I can have soup for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I have no problem having soup on a hot summer day (don’t judge me, it’s a sickness, lol!). When I discovered The Soup Solution, it was a game changer. They deliver handcrafted soups to your door that you can store in your freezer and have at any time! But before I discovered them, I had to come up with quick ways to satisfy an addiction this strong. If you love soup as much as me, here is a simple recipe that I have used over and over. It isn’t too special but it sure kicks my soup craving 🙂
What is your go-to comfort food?
SOUP + STUFF
This makes two ‘Reg’ sized servings. 🙂
2-3 large handfuls of greens (spinach, kale)
6C Chicken broth* (homemade or store bought. Homemade recipe is below.)
2C steamed rice
Leftover sliced chicken breast or tofu
1. Bring broth to a boil.
2. Add rice and chicken or tofu. Allow to come to a boil.
3. Turn off heat. Add spinach and allow to wilt in hot broth.
3lbs chicken bones
Water to cover
1 tbsp apple cider vinegar to help pull out nutrients from bones
Aromatics such as: garlic, green onions, ginger, carrots, celery, onion
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Place everything in a large stock pot with just enough water to cover bones and aromatics.
2. Allow to simmer for at least 1 hour.
3. Season with salt and/or pepper to taste.